Tuesday, April 29, 2014

My Yarn Stash

My yarn stash is probably one of my most prized posessions. Sounds crazy, I know, but I love being able to go to my stash and be inspired by the colors and different textures each skein brings to the table. Having just moved into the new house, I knew at some point I would have to begin going through my stash and thinning it out. It wasn't until last weekend when I finally sat down and started going through boxes and putting things "away" (into more organized boxes and piles) that I decided it was time to purge the stash.

The stash plus multiple WIPs and finished projects



YIKES!! I'm an organized person and this was beginning to drive me nuts!! And I know if it's driving me this crazy, then the Hubs is ready for it to go! My stash isn't as large as others I have seen so this small cabinet that I inherited from my Mamaw works perfect! I try to only keep what I need or will use in my stash. When custom orders come in that require something I don't have, that's when I go out and buy more yarn. I work heavily with acrylic yarn (mostly Red Heart Super Saver) because it's easily accessible, but have begun branching out. There are a few skeins of ILTY as well as Bernat Softee Chunky (MY FAVORITE!!), and Caron Simply Soft. 

After it all got cleaned up
It probably took me 10-15 minutes to get everything back in working order. There are still some WIPs and finished items floating around the cabinet, but those will have to wait until I can get some more plastic drawers. I'm guesstimating at roughly 25-40 skeins and multiple scrap balls in here. Since I primarily work with acrylic yarn, there wasn't a big need to sort according to weight or texture. I keep my warm colors on the top shelf, cools in the middle, and neutrals at the bottom. The very bottom portion holds scrap balls and other miscellaneous items. 

So, where do you keep your yarn? Is your stash a crazy mess or pretty organized? Share pictures of your stash with me on Facebook or tag me on Instagram (@simplycrochet13) I'd love to see how you keep your yarn organized!




No comments:

Post a Comment