Thursday, March 6, 2014

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!!

This week has been crazy busy!! Sunday afternoon we had a major sleet/ice/snow storm that is still hanging around today (and probably the rest of the week). My phone decided to crash and burn so the only means of communication I have is Facebook. This is also my only camera so limited pictures are being taken for my Facebook page. Add to all of that the fact that we close on our very first house on Friday and you can slightly understand the craziness that is our house right now. Thankfully I have an awesome sister in law that let me borrow her iPad today to be able to take some pictures and post this blog for you guys.

If you have kids, you may know that Dr. Seuss's birthday was Sunday. The beloved author of such favorites as 'The Cat in the Hat' and 'Horton Hears a Who' would have been 110 this year. Dr. Seuss has become a favorite photo session idea among moms and photographers alike.

In honor of his birthday, I made the following sets that would be a perfect addition to an Seuss related photo shoot.


Thing 1 and Thing 2


These "Thing 1" and "Thing 2" hats were made as a custom order for a couple of cousins who were born just weeks apart. They are partners in crime and definitely fit the bill when it comes to Dr. Seuss's original "Thing 1" and "Thing 2". These hats are especially perfect for a twin photo shoot


The Cat in the Hat

 
Definitely not my best photography work. lol I'm really hating not being able to get outside for my pictures right now, but the snow and ice have kept us indoors pretty much all week. As soon as I posted this to my Facebook page earlier this week, I had a friend message me asking if I could make one for her daughter's Dr. Seuss day at day care. This hat and bow tie would be the perfect addition to any Dr. Seuss themed shoot. While these pictures are not my own, I've included them to help you visualize how you could use this hat for your own needs.
 

 


 Seuss Inspired Newborn Pants

 
 
While looking at different color schemes and layouts pertaining to Dr. Seuss, these 3 colors kept popping up a lot. I've been making more newborn pants than normal recently and decided to try my hand at what they would look like in Seuss colors. I am in love with the little turquoise band and stripped legs. They are so whimsical and fun, just like the Doctor himself. The bow tie from the hat could be added to these pants to make an even more unique look.
 


These sets are only available through custom order on my Facebook page or Etsy shop. Send me a message on what you're looking for and I will do my very best to create the item you are looking for. If you are a photographer looking to use these props in your studio, I offer discounts in exchange for professional photos of my items in use, so do not be afraid to message me.

I hope these items have brought back fond memories of your childhood, they sure did mine. Anyone have a favorite Seuss book (or movie)? I was always a fan of the Grinch.


No comments:

Post a Comment